RESEARCH STRATEGY FOR THE 2007-2012 YEARS
1. Objectives of research and technology transfer
- Focus on technologies to develop and product hybrid varieties of rice, corn, vegetables and fruits; applications of nano technology for production of plant variety, artificial breedingof livestock. Increased studies on selection and creation of palnt and animal varities with high quality and yields, especially those potentially-exported products and those Vietnam has to import from abroad;
- Combination of modern and traditional methods in study on genetics, vaxcin production, disease diagnostics, and biodiversity;
- Increasing research and technology transfer for optimized agriculture, ecological environment in agriculture and rural areas; studies on agricultural mechanization and electronics; policies on rural economic development including agricultural industrialization; studies on natural resources and environment for sustainable development; and
- The financial value of research and technology transfer to be about 15% of the total HUA budget by 2015 and 25% by 2020.
2. Objectives of cooperation relations with external partners
- To establish Center for advanced education and advanced research with occasionally invited foreign experts;and
- To develop cooperation and agreements so that advanced education institutions in foreign countries can accept HUA education degrees.
3. Implementation measures to increase quality of scientific and technology activities.
- Building practical strategies for each HUA unit based on their characterisitics and economic development demands at local and national levels;
- Capacity building to develop experts with scientific, technical skills and knowledge, with management capability in scientific and technology activities; development of an scientific and tehnology park;
- Continuously improvement of facilities for research, especially efficient use of existing laboratories;
- Linking closely HUA research and education with market and production; focusing on scientific and technology markets;
- Implementation of intellectual property rights including seeking support of Vietnamese experts living in foreign countries;
- Increase quality and quantity of HUA Science & Technology Journal; Encourage HUA researchersâ€™ publication in international scientific journals and proceedings;
- Implementation policy of reward and retribution in scientific and technology activities; and
- Encourage HUA staff and student to participate regional and international scientific. conferences.